Sunday, March 14, 2010

Two weeks later... (Graphic Picture Warning #1)

Sorry I've been MIA- the weeks following the incident at school got kind of squirrely... and crazy busy. The only reason I've got time to blog now is because I'm sick. Booo. Took me forever to admit that, but I suppose the low grade fever and two blisters in the back of my throat are signs that my body wants to take it easy. It's also a lot easier to take a sick day from church then it is from work, so after my update on Robert's birthday I plan on kicking back on the couch with my physics book, a good movie, and lots of cat naps.

Robert's Taco Party ended up being such a fun night even though it put me at least a week behind in grading and could be the reason for my brief blog hiatus. Here are some partay shots-

Everybody loves the iMac. ;)


Birthday Boy!

...and Birthday Boy being silly.


Robert and Lucas blow out their candles to the WORST rendition of "Happy Birthday" I've ever heard in my life. Seriously- I thought my ears would bleed!


Yummo Cake!


And to finish the night... a round of the most inappropriate/ fun game since Apples to Apples- LOADED QUESTIONS!


All in all, it was one of the best nights we've had here. :D So much fun! Other than that, we've been training hard for our 5k... well- trying to at least. We finally found a decent spot to run, but the first time we went, Bert stepped off the path and did this... (LOOK AWAY IF YOU DON'T LIKE BLOOD. NO SERIOUSLY!)
 >
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Oh the horror! It was s'nasty! And we walked around town for about 3 hours with him bleeding all over his sock too. LOL- people kept stopping him to tell him he was bleeding. Hmmm. Really? Wow! Thanks! Didn't notice. He was such a trooper though. Then yesterday, we were halfway through our run when my fever started and I couldn't go any longer. We're trying though. We managed to get it down to 40 minutes, which is a craptastic time- about a 12 minute mile, but whatever. It's better than the 15 minute mile we started with right?

Well, have a good day everyone! Hot tea and the couch are calling my name! XoXoX

1 comment: