Monday, October 25, 2010

Mind Tricks

I promised you baked goods, and you shall get baked goods. 

Oatmeal is a hot commodity in our house. It's very versatile- banana oats, baked in bread, overnight oats, and when you're dying for a cookie but don't have any butter, it makes a decent breakfast cookies. 

Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies from my new website obsession since Weight Watchers kicked me off their site: SparkRecipes.com

Ingredients- 1 cup of oatmeal, 1/3 cup whole wheat flour, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 2 tsp cinnamon, pinch of salt, 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 egg white, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/4 cup raisins or nuts or chocolate chips. (I totally did chocolate chips.)

Mix your dry ingredients together and then whisk together the applesauce, sugar, egg, and vanilla. 

Combine wet with dry and stir to combine. Fold in any add-ins you want (ahem! chocolate chips).

Shape into five mounds on a baking sheet that has been lightly oiled or sprayed with pan spray. Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes. When mine came out, they looked like this...

Oh dear. Not very pretty, and I'm not so fond of my "Ugly Baked Goods" crown. What to do? Ah! Mind tricks... Muah ha ha!

Pretty plate + Pretty rug + sunshine = decent looking cookies. 

There you have it. My little hobby is blossoming, and I'm finally getting into "real"-ish food blogger/photographer mode. So what if taking pictures of your desserts on the floor of your living room is slightly bizarre? I've never pretended I wasn't bizarre, so you can't blame me for it. Besides, the cookies were marvelous and made AWESOME healthy little breakfasts. Enjoy the recipe! :)

1 comment:

  1. how did you manage to put those on the floor and have long enough to take a picture without quincy eating all of them?

    ReplyDelete