Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Snow Days to Sick Days

So it is very likely by the end of this week that I will have worked only 12 hours out of a normal 40+ work week. How you might ask? Between the two snow days we got at the beginning of the week to the head cold of death that I somehow managed to develop on Monday night, I am not in the mood to do much of anything. I tried very hard to go today, but left mid-day because I couldn't imagine remaining vertical a second longer. After a painful two hours at the doctor's office and a OTC box of pseudoepinephrine so strong Robert had to get a background check to purchase it, I'm still not feeling better in the least. I went ahead and took tomorrow off as a sick day, but it may turn out to be another snow day instead. We shall see...

Lots of tea and lots of time with my snuggie are in order; however, lots of grading will also take place hopefully. I wanted to spread some good news though before I collapse into a coma on the couch. I weighed in this morning, and I am down one pound for week one! I know it may not seem like a lot to those of you who aren't weight watchers, but it's exactly what I'm looking for. Slow and steady means it sticks. :)

Thanks for your encouragement! Prayers for my sickies please! I'm off to lazy around, whimper, and watch Glee. Please... do try to muster some sympathy. A Bientot! :P

1 comment:

  1. "...and a OTC box of pseudoepinephrine so strong Robert had to get a background check to purchase it..."

    I just read this at my desk at work and literally LAUGHED OUT LOUD...

    Feel better Liz!

    ReplyDelete