Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Better in Threes

Three snow days this week so far, and it's looking like we might make it four tomorrow. I'm not really sure what to do with myself at this point, but I can say that this post will be devoid of pictures. Why? I will tell you.

1. Quincy has dysentery. Or something like it at least. It ain't pretty because she has (pardon me, I'm so sorry about this) pooped everywhere in our little apartment. At least 90% of our abode is carpeted, so that means two things. First- we have puppy pads everywhere, and second- we will be paying out the nose to get this place steam cleaned and possibly re-carpeted once we move out. This morning Q even pooped on my bathroom scale, and I am talking a direct hit too. As in, it probably took planning for her to do that. I had to disinfect the thing before I could do my weekly Weight Watchers weigh-in. I'm blaming that for the reason I haven't lost any weight this week. I have no idea why, but I blame the poop.

2. I haven't worn real clothes or displayed any type of style since Sunday. I wore Robert's old wrestling warm-ups to dinner at Aubrey's last night. I wore a Snuggie to walk the dog this morning. Clearly, I'm trying to make Glamour magazine's DON'T list by 2012. My neighbor seemed to appreciate my attire though. She put her outdoor smoke break/phone conversation on pause to yell out, "That's the way to do it! Get them Snugglies involved!" (And yes, I meant to write snugglie.) It was the highlight of my day, no joke.

3. I haven't actually got a third reason, but as a wonderful sports announcer once observed after she was in my current predicament- "I've only got two reasons, but things just sound better in threes."

Stay warm friends, and try not to let the cabin fever get to you- clearly I'm failing at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment