Saturday, January 22, 2011

Just Saying Hi!

It's strange to think that it's been over a week since I last posted. I promise you- it doesn't feel nearly that long to me. Since all the snow melted away and I had to go back to work, I have been insanely busy. In case you hadn't heard, I am KHS's new physics teacher. This is good because it makes me incredibly marketable in the event we move somewhere else at some point, not to mention they are paying me overtime for once in my life. However it could be considered bad for a few reasons too. Number one: I'm not certified... yet. I almost got certified this summer, but I failed the dang Praxis by like one question. Life is unfair sometimes. But it doesn't matter. Even if I had passed, teaching this course would still require me to re-teach myself while prepping lessons for my students. It's been a long time... However, I am a Super Teacher, and I think I'm doing a great job so far. The kids are getting it, and I even had a student tell me it was his favorite class of the day! :D But anyway... the other reason why it could be considered bad is that I teach this class during my plan period. That means I'm at school from 7:30am until at least 5 pretty much Monday through Friday. Add in a dance team, and I am officially a workaholic.

I'm telling you this in the hopes that you won't mind fewer updates for the next four or five months while I am a slave to Knox County Schools. I am going to make it my goal to update at least once a week, so check back on Saturday's to see what I've been up to. As to the week that you missed, a lot happened that sadly was not photo documented. I find writing long posts with no pictures tends to turn people off, so I won't put you through that. I did go to Williamsburg all by myself for the long weekend to see my GPhi's! (Sorry I didn't run into you Sarah... I did run into two of your classmates though. Maybe I can run into you on purpose next time I'm out that way? I was pretty monopolized by the sorority sisters this round...) And I got a smart phone. Lg Vortex! x-D I'm such a sell-out, I know. I LOVE it though. I really do. On the weight loss front, I finally started losing again after the holiday pig-out. Only down around 3 lbs, but hey- a pound is a pound. One foot in front of the other right?

Ok, so I'll stop babbling for now, and I promise the next time I post I'll have something pretty for you to look at, ok? Thanks for sticking with me friends. Have a good weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment