Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Day 6: Trading Places

 Today's task is to post a picture of someone you would like to switch places with for one day. Now, I'm very happy with my life, and I'm well aware that no one's life is perfect. I wouldn't want to take on anybody else's problems- that is for sure. However, there is someone that I would love to trade talents with.


Since I was a little girl, I have loved music- especially singing! The only issue was that I wasn't very good. I had allergies a lot as a child (DORK!), so when I tried to sing it sounded all nasally. Not pretty. As I got older though, I grew out of my periodic sniffles and I found out that I actually could sing. Not especially great, but good enough to sing in church and to my husband/friends. I LOVE singing now. I love the idea of performing, and I wish I was really, really good though so that I could have more confidence singing alone. 


And that, along with the hours and hours of Glee I've been watching, is how I decided on my person for today. I would love to be as talented a singer as Lea Michele. She's gorgeous, and her voice is so unique! Rachel is easily my favorite Glee character for her voice alone. Now I'm sure Lea's life isn't perfect, but I'd love to know what it would be like to have such a talent. I can tell you that if I had her voice for 24 hours I would sing EVERYTHING, and I mean everything. I would sing my lectures, I would sing my orders at the drive through, and I would turn simple greetings into complex vocal runs. My neighbors would hate me, my students would think I was weird, and Robert would probably try to have me committed, but I wouldn't care. I would be having way too much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment