Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Day Two: Family is Everything


For today's post, I'm supposed to post a picture of myself and the person I've been closest with the longest. The most logical person to choose is of course- my mother. I've known her all my life, and she and I shared a circulatory system for about 36 weeks at one point. Mom is a wonderful person, and she's had so much influence on my life. I'm glad I got her compassion and willingness to volunteer, and I'm even ok with the fact that I got her messiness. She's the best! 

But she couldn't do it alone. The man in the photo means just as much- my daddy. The poor guy took a lot of abuse during my teenage rebellion phase, and I may or may not have treated him like an ATM a couple times in college... but my favorite memories of my childhood are curling up on the armrest of his recliner and having him read me a book. The poor armrest took so much abuse it warped! But that was our spot... Just the two of us.

Sometimes it's hard to believe that God blessed me with not one, but TWO amazing parents. I love you both so so much! Thanks for making me who I am today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment