Sunday, January 31, 2010

Second Saturday

Today was definitely like an extra Saturday since Robert did not have to go to work this morning. So apparently there is a perk to snow on the weekend if that means two extra uninterrupted days with hubby! Yesterday we did nothing but watch Dexter, Dexter, and more Dexter! So addicted now. I was apprehensive at first, but once I realized there wasn't much violence- just a lot of blood- I gave in and I LOVE it! We did all of season 1 last night and then we are just starting season 2 now on Netflix. So fun!

Food wise, I've realized that everything I eat is orange and/or brown. Lol! Not sure how that happened, but it's amazing what food blogs will help you realize. I've been trying to fix that today, but the kale I planned for lunch was moldy and so was the acorn squash. Enter- sweet potatoes. Very orange. Ha! Maybe living this close UT is getting into my system. ;)

Sunday Breakfast: Yummy carrot cake oatmeal this morning! (orange again) I missed the creaminess a banana adds, but the flavor was so delicious. I also had a "mocha"- coffee and hot cocoa and a boiled egg because I've been craving protein all day.



Snack: 'Zeke wrap with some cheddar cheese (orange and tan)



Lunch: Ellie Krieger oven fried fish (some crappie that robert and dean caught this summer), sweet potato chips (orange), canned artichokes sauteed in olive oil and garlic



Snack: a PURPLE (finally) raspberry split smoothie from Froots at the mall. Sorry, no pic. I split it with Robert while we were playing in the apple store. The ingredients looked simple enough (raspberries, bananas, yogurt, strawberry-kiwi juice), although I don't normally like juice in my smoothies since it's so sugary. I also had a bite of chicken teriyaki free sample because I was craving protein.

When I came home I grabbed an apple and a wasa bread with pb and j. it looked exactly like my snack from yesterday and thankfully was a greenish hue (the apple) and not orange.

Dinner: We were supposed to go to buffalo wild wings with some of the johnson people to watch RAW, but it was super crowded so Bert and I walked down the street to the mellow mushroom instead. I had a spinach salad (spinach, bacon, parmesan, and mushrooms with esperanza dressing) and 1 and 1/3 slice of mushroom and bacon pizza. No I did not intentionally order the same toppings on my salad and my pizza. It just sort of happened that way.




I have school tomorrow apparently... although it's a two hour delay. I'm torn about whether I want to go back yet or not. It will probably be pretty boring here without robert if they do call it off tomorrow morning... Hmmm. We'll see. Oh, and no wonder I keep finding tongue marks on my balcony door. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment