Thursday, February 25, 2010

Completely Useless- That's me! :D

It snowed all day today. We went to school anyway. Yes- this is me being BITTER. It really would have been the perfect day to have off, but the superintendent wanted us to strap on our snow shoes and trudge on! Well, actually the real problem is that it never snows ENOUGH here. It snows all day, but never hard enough to actually do any damage and I hate it. I'd  rather it just not snow at all to be honest.

This week has dragged on and on and on, but at least it's going by faster than last week. Last night Bert and I went to Johnson for a service instead of church because it's Johnson's homecoming. We listened to a sermon about Christians and suffering, and the man had good points from 1Peter such as:

1. No one is immune from suffering/God never said we wouldn't suffer
2. When God shields us from suffering it is more to help us push through instead of protecting us from it
3. We don't have to suffer alone- everyone has been through it at some point
4. Sometimes you just bring suffering on yourself/God won't bail you out of the consequences of your bad decisions.

All in all he was a good speaker; he talked a bit about the incident that happened with Stephen Curtis Chapman and his daughter and then even played one of SCC's new songs. It was beautiful and so poignantly sad- clearly about the death of his little girl. I think it's called "God is in Control." I just know I remembered the first lines very well-

This is not how it should be.
This is not how it could be.
This is how it is. 
God is in control. 

Hopefully I can remember that when I get frustrated...

Other than that, I've pretty much been useless these days! Tuesday I crashed and burned at 7pm, last night we didn't get home until 9:30ish and I didn't touch physics, I haven't exercised since Monday's run, so tonight I definitely have to blog quick-like and get to cracking on the physics book. I'm starting to come to grips with the fact that sometimes on school nights I'm too busy/it's too cold to run (like tonight). I just do what I can to make up for it on the weekends, and hopefully come spring I'll have a routine.

On today's menu... Breakfast- the usual. Oats and PB and chocolate chips. Snack- Vanilla yogurt (homemade with vanilla extract, plain yogurt, and stevia) and grapes. Lunch- Veggie burger on 'Zeke bread with spinach and mustard, side salad with cukes and oil and vinegar. I took pictures of none of those... Sorry.

Dinner I did document however. Eat, Live, Run's whole wheat pizza crust, rolled out and misshapen with sauteed spinach, mushrooms, onion, and garlic with mozzarella cheese and a side of tomato soup. And it may have been a day for a Terrapin... Just sayin'.

HOMPH. NOM. HOMPH. NOMPH.

And Quincy says: TGIF!

No comments:

Post a Comment