Monday, February 15, 2010

Hubby spoils me!

Well Hello There! Long time no see, eh? I've been busy... and a slacker, but what else is new? I've also been debating a lot about what I want this blog to be used for. I liked the whole food/exercise direction, but I've been way too forgetful about taking pics of my food. I'm thinking I may just let it focus on my day to day life and my food-snobbiness will naturally show through from there. If I do eat something awesome, I'll be sure to snap a pic and post a recipe.


Hope you all had a marvelous V-Day! I know I did! Dear hubby went all out and spoiled me for our first Valentines as Mr. and Mrs.! It was so lovely. :) It all started on Thursday with a purple iPod nano he bought for our (non-existant) 5k training. Too bad the nano doesn't really work, so he has to send it back. Poor hubby. Stupid Amazon dealer. :(

Love Oats for my Honey!

On Friday I got a dozen roses in a box with a vase and some chocolates sent to school during my Core 2 biology class. So cute! The flowers are beautiful and the chocolates were super yummy.


Then Friday night we had a lock-in at the church, so I helped him wrangle children until the wee hours of the night. Actually, I didn't make it past 12:30am, but considering I had been up since 6am I thought I did well. Saturday was spent sleeping and fixing things that didn't actually need to be fixed. Our new iMac was making a funny clicking noise, but the simple action of unplugging it to cart it to the Apple Store fixed it apparently. Haven't heard the clicking since. Then we took my Carolla to the Toyota dealer to have my accelerator pedal fixed so I don't drive off an I-40 bypass or anything... Turns out my 'Rolla is from Japan and the Japanese pedals are fine. No probs whatsoever. Super American engineering fail in my opinion. Oh well- no politics on the blog, so that's all I'll say about that.

Amazing new 'puter

Saturday night I cooked pork lo mein and we cracked open a bottle of TERRAPIN SUNRAY WHEAT!!! This is the beer that Bert and I had at the mellow mushroom in Savannah on our honeymoon and we've been dreaming of it ever since! We finally found it in the Kroger at Cedar Bluff, but unfortunately Robert doesn't think it tastes like he remembers. It's always different on tap than it is bottled, but I still loved it. It's so rich and buttery! Definitely my favorite wheat beer.

Sunday morning I made the previously pictured "V-Day Oats," and we headed to church. We both were in the worship band- I sang despite my massive sinus headache and Bobert played bass, then we went to BW's for lunch with the LCC gang. We were going to go skating with said gang afterward, but realized with the plans we had for V-day evening, Quincy would be home alone all day long and we didn't want to do that to her. We headed home and I slept for another 4 hours, then got up and got dressed for our surprise dinner date! Robert wasn't sure what to tell me to where, so I just put on what I wore to church that a.m. - a pink sweater, brown slacks, and some heels. Then Bert mentioned I may want to trade for comfy shoes, so I put on some socks and my loafers since I thought maybe we were walking a lot or something. We got in the car and headed towards downtown, and we were almost to the river when I figured out that we were going on a RIVERBOAT CRUISE! Eeeeee! So excited! But I didn't feel dressed for dinner/dancing and I didn't have my ID because he forgot to tell me to grab it, so we had to turn around and head back to the apartment. Whoops! I changed super fast and grabbed my wallet, then we made it back in plenty of time since we left so early the first time.


The cruise was super fun! I got a rose and they took our picture as we were boarding, then they had a live band that played throughout a delicious dinner - salad with raspberry vinaigrette, cranberries, cheese, and candied walnuts; a buffet with rolls, mashed potatoes, veggies, baked chicken and amazingly delicious PRIME RIB!; peanut butter, apple, or chocolate cheesecake for dessert; and a complimentary glass of bubbly at the end of the meal. The view was beautiful, and I would have loved to have stayed on deck for longer, but it was rainy and cold. After checking out the boat and walking around a bit, we headed back down and danced! It was so romantic, and exactly what I was wishing for. :)

Thanks Robert! XoXoX


Well, that was my valentine's day- and to make it even better, I woke at 6:30am to pouring snow! No inservice today! We're supposed to get more tonight, so maybe we'll get two days off this week, since I don't think this technically counts as a snow day because it was supposed to be a teacher workday. We'll just have to see. Off to work on some cleaning and a mountain of grading, then hopefully off to get the hubby some jeans. Lent starts on Wednesday and we're giving up going out to eat for 40 days (I'm also giving up meat), so Salsarita's may be in our near future...

No comments:

Post a Comment